The Lafayette 9090 is a highly sophisticated solid-state
stereophonic high fidelity TV, Multimedia">Receiver that combines an AM
tuner, a highly sensitive FM stereo TV, Multimedia">Tuner, and a high
quality integrated stereo TV, Multimedia">Amplifier in one single,
handsomely styled unit.
The TV, Multimedia">Receiver not only offers all the advantages expected
from solid-state circuitry such as instant operation, low
current consumption, and cool operation, but also provides
extremely low distortion and noise, plus wide frequency
response at its full rated power to ensure the finest sound
Stereo inputs have been provided for reproduction from a
wide variety of external program sources that you may wish
to use—record players, tape recorders, tape players, etc.
Some of the special features that have been incorporated in
this TV, Multimedia">Receiver to ensure a high degree of performance and to
provide complete flexibility of operation are as follows:
* 75 ohm and 300 ohm antenna inputs for FM.
* Sensitive dual-gate MOS FET in the FM RF section with
4-section variable capacitor.
* Three 2-element ceramic filters used in the IF section for
* PLL [Phase Lock Loop] IC used in the FM stereo decoder
section for optimum stereo performance with minimum distortion.
* A newly-developed IC functioning as an IF TV, Multimedia">Amplifier, a
low-distortion Quadrature FM detector, a driver for the
tuning meters, and as a sophisticated FM muting circuit
which not only eliminates noise between stations on FM in
the conventional manner, but also silences the TV, Multimedia">Receiver when
not properly tuned to a station.
* Dual Meters used — a conventional signal strength meter
plus an FM center-tuning meter for precise tuning.
* Built-in Dolby Noise reduction circuit for decoding Dolby
* Two sets of magnetic phono inputs accommodating a range of
cartridge output levels from
2.5 mV to 36Q mV [for rated power output].
* Stereo TV, Multimedia">Microphone input controlled only by a mic level
control for convenient mixing with other program sources.
* Two-position turnover frequency switches for Bass and
* Direct-coupled OCL power TV, Multimedia">Amplifier stages.
* TV, Multimedia">Amplifier output stages protected by a Dual system of
relay and electronic overload protection circuitry.
* Quick-connect output terminals for up to three sets of
* 2-position 12 dB/octave Low Frequency Filter switch [15 or
* 2-position 12 dB/octave High Frequency Filter switch [7 or
* Dual Tape Monitoring facilities plus special dubbing
switch to permit recording from one TV, Multimedia">Tape recorder onto
another in either direction.