There are five models in this family of Fluke oscilloscopes. Each of these
models is a combination of an analog real-time Oscilloscope and a fully featured
digital storage Oscilloscope. By pressing a single key, you can switch the
instrument from the analog mode to the digital mode and back. This allows each
of the units to be used in an optimum operating mode for all kinds of signal
conditions. Complex data streams, modulated waveforms, and video signals can
often best be seen in the analog mode of operation. The digital mode of operation
is more suited for single events, signals with low repetition frequencies, and when
automatic measurements need to be performed.
In this family there is a choice of five models. Two models have a bandwidth of
200 MHz, two have a bandwidth of 100 MHz and one has a bandwidth of 60 MHz.
Beside the 2 channel models with EXT TRIG input, there is a choice of two models
with four fully featured channels, all shown in the following table:
Type Number Bandwidth Sample rate Number of Channels Input Impedance
PM3370B 60MHz 200Ms/s 2 1MΩ
PM3380B 100MHz 200Ms/s 2 1MΩ
PM3384B 100MHz 200Ms/s 4 1MΩ
PM3390B 200MHz 200Ms/s 2 1MΩ/50Ω
PM3394B 200MHz 200Ms/s 4 1MΩ/50Ω
In the same instrument family, there are two 200-MHz and two 100-MHz analog
oscilloscopes that have specifications similar to the above-mentioned analog/
digital combination oscilloscopes operating in analog mode.
All analog/digital combination oscilloscopes listed above have the following features:
- Autoranging attenuators.
- Realtime clock.
- 32K sample acquisition memory in 4 channel versions.
- 8K sample acquisition memory, expandable to 32K in 2 channel versions.
- Up to 40 waveforms stored in memory or 204 waveforms with optional
- Autoset function for an instant optimized signal display at the touch of a button.
- Autoranging timebase.
- Cursor measurements with 1% accuracies.
- Extensive set of fully automated voltmeter and time measurement functions.
- Probe operated ’Touch Hold and Measure’ function freezes the display and
instantly displays the signal frequency, amplitude and dc voltage level.
- Peak detection for the capture of glitches as narrow as 5 ns.
- Pattern, State and Glitch triggering (2 ns) (2 channel models; 4ns Glitch
- Event delay and pretriggering and posttriggering.
- TV triggering including HDTV and TV line selection.
- Serial Interface for printing and plotting.
- Averaging to reduce signal noise and to increase the vertical resolution from
8 to 16 bits.
- Advanced mathematics, including digital low-pass filtering. A Math+ option
adds integration, differentiation, histogramming, and FFT.
- Sine interpolation and magnification which enables true to life four channel
single shot acquisitions with a timebase up to 625 ns/div (32x magnified)
- A delayed timebase with full trigger features.
- An RS-232 (EIA-232-D) Interface (standard) and an GPIB/IEEE-488 Interface
- Autocal for automatic fine tuning of all circuitry to achieve maximum accuracy
under all user conditions.
- Closed case calibration for efficient maintenance of traceable calibration at
The following options are available:
- A MATH+ option with more automated measurement functions including
envelope and measurement pass/fail testing. Also included in this option are
Integration, Differentiation, Histogramming, and FFT.
- Memory extension offering 32K acquisition length and the ability to store 156
traces (of 512 samples each) in memory for 2 channel versions.
- IEEE-488.2 Interface using the new SCPI (Standard Commands for
Programmable Instruments) industry standard for remote control of test and