Geloso G4/223 Transmitter
has been specially designed for CW
(telegraphy) and AM 100 % modulated amateur transmissions.
Its singular features respect to the precedent G 222
transmitter, are frequency greater stability and the
possibility of «break-in» manipulation with V.F.O. circuits
always turned on.
A relative RF output power meter of new design is also
provided in the Antenna
circuit, particularly facilitating
RF output stage adjustment.
In addition to the above, the following features — already
present in the earlier model G222 — are worthy of consideration:
1) Quick and easy frequency range switching.
2) VFO type driving generator.
3) Tuned plate circuit of RF output stage.
4) «P-section» Antenna
coupling circuit, permitting a number
of fitting facilities to match Antenna
5) Quick switching from CW to AM operation, oy means of a
6) Two 807 tubes — push-pull connected — AF modulator,
permitting 100 % undistorted modulation, controlled with
built-in meter. It allows use of full available AF output power.
7) AF modulator pass-band particularly suited to speech
transmission, thus ensuring maximum intelligibility even
under the most adverse conditions.
8) Quick switching from transmission to reception by means
of a single «RECEIV.-TRANS.» switch, acting simultaneously
an B + supply circuits of both transmitting and
receiving sets. Operation of both units is immediate,
because tube heating is always mantained.
9) Iso-wave performance facility, by shifting a single
switch — while receiving — which turns on the VFO.
10) Metering features: plate current, output stage control
grid current, modulation deepness, and relative Antenna
output power, on two different ranges, depending on Antenna
11) Single chassis assembly, enclosed in a modern and high
styled metal cabinet.
Service and User Manual
2.44 Mbytes (2561467 Bytes)
Scanned document, all readable.
23 April 2017