|AsusTEK Computer A7V Motherboard|
|Description||Socket A Motherboard|
Specifications AMD AthlonTM/DuronTM Processor Support: Supports Socket A-based AMD AthlonTM/DuronTM processors. North Bridge System Chipset: Features the VIA VT8363 (VIA Apollo KT133) system controller with support for a 200MHz Front Side Bus (FSB); up to 1.5GB of PC133/PC100 SDRAM / VC 133 Virtual Channel Memory (VCM) SDRAM; complies with AGP 2.0 specifications for 4X, 2X, and 1X AGP modes; and PCI 2.2. bus interface with support for 5 PCI masters. It is optimized to deliver enhanced AMD AthlonTM/DuronTM processor system performance. “Super South” South Bridge System PCIset: VIA VT82C686A PCIset with PCI Super-I/O Integrated Peripheral Controller (PSIPC) with support for UltraDMA/66, which allows burst mode data transfer rates of up to 66.6MB/sec; AC97 audio; USB controller with root hub and four function ports. PC133 SDRAM / VC133 VCM Support: Equipped with three Dual Inline Memory Module (DIMM) sockets to support Intel PC133/PC100-compliant (8,16, 32, 64, 128, 256, or 512MB) or NEC’s VC133-compliant Virtual Channel (VC) SDRAM up to 1.5GB. VC SDRAM is a new DRAM core architecture that dramatically improves the memory system’s ability to service, among others, high multimedia requirements. Stepless Frequency Selection: Allows CPU external (FSB) frequency settings to be set in 1MHz-increments or reduction. JumperFreeTM Mode: Allows processor settings and easy overclocking of frequency and Vcore voltage all through BIOS setup when JumperFreeTM mode is enabled. Easy-to-use DIP switches instead of jumpers are included to allow manual adjustment of the processor’s external frequency. AGP Pro Slot: Supports AGP/AGP Pro cards for high performance, component level interconnection targeted at 3D graphical applications supporting 133MHz 4X mode. UltraDMA/100 Support: Comes with an onboard PCI Bus Master IDE con- troller with two connectors that support four ATA/100 devices on two channels and two connectors that support four ATA66/33 devices on two channels. Supports UltraDMA/100, UltraDMA/66, UltraDMA/33, PIO Modes 3 & 4 and Bus Master IDE DMA Mode 2, and Enhanced IDE devices, such as DVD-ROM, CD-ROM, CD-R/RW, LS-120, and Tape Backup drives. Wake-On-LAN Connector: Supports Wake-On-LAN activity through an optional ASUS PCI-L101 10/100 Fast Ethernet PCI card (see 7. Appendix).Wake-On-Ring Connector: Supports Wake-On-Ring activity through a PCI Modem card that supports a WOR connector. USB: Supports up to 7 USB ports, two on the back panel and five midboard, for more peripheral connectivity options. PC Health Monitoring: Provides an easy way to examine and manage system status information, such as CPU and system voltages, temperatures, and fan status through the onboard hardware ASUS ASIC and the bundled ASUS PC Probe. SMBus: Features the System Management Bus interface, which is used to physically transport commands and information between SMBus devices. PCI/AMR Expansion Slots: Provides five 32-bit PCI (Rev. 2.2) expansion slots, which can support Bus Master PCI cards, such as SCSI or LAN cards (PCI supports up to 133MB/s maximum throughput), and one Audio Modem Riser (AMR) slot (shared), which supports a very affordable audio and/or Modem riser card. Super Multi-I/O: Provides two high-speed UART compatible serial ports and one parallel port with EPP and ECP capabilities. Enhanced ACPI & Anti-Boot Virus Protection: Programmable BIOS (Flash EEPROM), offering enhanced ACPI for Windows 98 compatibility, built-in firmware-based virus protection, and autodetection of most devices for virtually au- tomatic setup. Concurrent PCI: Concurrent PCI allows multiple PCI transfers from PCI master busses to the memory and processor. Smart BIOS: 2Mb firmware provides Vcore and CPU/SDRAM frequency adjustments, boot block write protection, and HD/SCSI/MO/ZIP/CD/Floppy boot selection. Power supply is autodetected to enable/disable suspend-to-RAM. Integrated Infrared (IrDA) Support: Integrated IR supports an optional remote control package for wireless interfacing with external peripherals, personal gadgets, or an optional remote controller. Desktop Management Interface (DMI): Supports DMI through BIOS, which allows hardware to communicate within a standard protocol creating a higher level of compatibility. (Requires DMI-enabled components.) Promise PCI-ATA100 Support: Provides optional support to PCI-ATA/100 controller to provide Ultra DMA/100 solutions. Color-coded Connectors: To enhance user accessibility to system components and to meet PC 99 compliancy, major connectors in this Motherboard are color-coded.
These manuals are available for the above equipment:
|AsusTEK Computer -- A7V -- User Manual|
|Manual Type||User Manual|
|Size||3.41 Mbytes (3571598 Bytes)|
|Date||01 December 2000|
|Quality||Electronic document, no scan, very well readable.|
|Upload date||22 October 2017|
|Downloads||102 since 22 October 2017|
1. INTRODUCTION 7 1.1 How This Manual Is Organized ... 7 1.2 Item Checklist ... 7 2. FEATURES 8 2.1 The ASUS A7V ... 8 2.1.1 Specifications ... 8 2.1.2 Special Features ... 10 2.1.3 Optional Components ... 10 2.1.4 Performance Features ... 10 2.1.5 Intelligence ... 11 2.2 Motherboard Components ... 12 2.2.1 Component Locations ... 13 3. HARDWARE SETUP 14 3.1 Motherboard Layout ... 14 3.2 Layout Contents ... 15 3.3 Hardware Setup Procedure ... 17 3.4 Motherboard Settings ... 17 3.5 System Memory (DIMM) ... 24 3.5.1 General DIMM Notes ... 24 3.5.2 Memory Installation ... 25 3.6 Central Processing Unit (CPU) ... 26 3.7 Expansion Cards ... 27 3.7.1 Expansion Card Installation Procedure ... 27 3.7.3 Accelerated Graphics Port Pro (AGP Pro) ... 28 3.7.2 Assigning IRQs for Expansion Cards ... 29 3.7.4 Audio Modem Riser (AMR) Slot ... 30 3.8 External Connectors ... 31 3.9 Starting Up the First Time ... 43 4. BIOS SETUP 45 4.1 Managing and Updating Your BIOS ... 45 4.1.1 Upon First Use of the Computer System ... 45 4.1.2 Updating BIOS Procedures ... 46 4.2 BIOS Setup Program ... 49 4.2.1 BIOS Menu Bar ... 50 4.2.2 Legend Bar ... 50 4.3 Main Menu ... 52 4.3.1 Primary & Secondary Master/Slave ... 53 4.3.2 Keyboard Features ... 56 4.4 Advanced Menu ... 58 4.4.1 Chip Configuration ... 61 4.4.2 I/O Device Configuration ... 64 4.4.3 PCI Configuration ... 67 4.4.4 Shadow Configuration ... 71 4.5 Power Menu ... 72 4.5.1 Power Up Control ... 74 4.5.2 Hardware Monitor ... 76 4.6 Boot Menu ... 77 4.7 Exit Menu ... 79 5. SOFTWARE SETUP 81 5.1 Install Operating System ... 81 5.2 Start Windows ... 81 5.3 A7V Series Motherboard Support CD ... 82 6. SOFTWARE REFERENCE 84 6.1 ASUS PC Probe ... 84 6.1.1 Starting ASUS PC Probe ... 84 6.2 CyberLink PowerPlayer SE ... 88 6.3 CyberLink PowerDVD ... 91 6.4 CyberLink VideoLive Mail ... 91 7. APPENDIX 93 7.1 PCI-L101 Fast Ethernet Card ... 93 7.2 Modem Riser ... 95 7.3 Glossary ... 97
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from further commenting.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.