The B+K Precision 4080 Series are laboratory grade
synthesized function generators with a wide frequency range
of up to 120 MHz. Direct digital synthesis (DDS) techniques
are used to create stable, accurate output signals for
clean, low distortion sine waves and an extensive selection
of built-in standard and arbitrary waveforms. The instrument
supports AM, FM, FSK, PSK and pulse modulation and linear
and logarithmic sweep. Modulation parameters can be set
precisely and are adjustable over a wide range. The 4080
Series supports internal and external modulation sources as
well as internal, external and gated trigger sources.
All models are capable of generating complex, predefined
arbitrary waveforms. Additionally, models 4084AWG and
4086AWG provide the flexibility to create custom waveforms.
The AWG module includes an intuitive, graphical Windows
based Software tool for creating and editing custom
arbitrary waveforms and transferring the waveforms to the
instrument’s non-volatile memory. The Software also provides
a direct Interface to Tektronix® TDS1000, TDS2000 TPS2000
and TDS3000 series digital storage oscilloscopes offering
users a convenient means to recreate waveforms originating
from the DSO’s display or internal memory.
The 4080 Series front-panel operation is straightforward.
Parameters can be entered using the knob or directly via the
numerical keypad and unit keys.
The instruments are fully programmable via the standard
RS232 Interface. The command set is SCPI (standard Commands
for Programmable Instruments) compatible.
The combination of classical function and arbitrary waveform
Generator makes this series a versatile solution for many
applications in Electronic Test and Design, Sensor
Simulation, Education and Training.
• Direct Digital Synthesis (DDS) architecture
• Wide frequency range of 1 ^Hz ~ 120MHz (model 4087, sine
• Clean and stable output of very small signals down to 1mV
• 27 build-in standard and complex waveforms.
• Eight downloadable 16000 point memories for custom
arbitrary waveforms (models 4084AWG and 4086AWG only)
• Graphical Arbitrary Waveform Generation Software tool for
Microsoft® Windows (models 4084AWG and 4086AWG only)
• Convenient data input via knob or numerical keypad.
• Bright, easy to read display using VFD (Visible Vacuum
• Fully programmable via SCPI compatible command set
• 100 MHz Universal Counter with frequency measurement and