|BK Precision 4084 Generator|
|Description||Function and Arbitrary/Function Generators|
The B+K Precision 4080 Series are laboratory grade synthesized function generators with a wide frequency range of up to 120 MHz. Direct digital synthesis (DDS) techniques are used to create stable, accurate output signals for clean, low distortion sine waves and an extensive selection of built-in standard and arbitrary waveforms. The instrument supports AM, FM, FSK, PSK and pulse modulation and linear and logarithmic sweep. Modulation parameters can be set precisely and are adjustable over a wide range. The 4080 Series supports internal and external modulation sources as well as internal, external and gated trigger sources. All models are capable of generating complex, predefined arbitrary waveforms. Additionally, models 4084AWG and 4086AWG provide the flexibility to create custom waveforms. The AWG module includes an intuitive, graphical Windows based Software tool for creating and editing custom arbitrary waveforms and transferring the waveforms to the instrument’s non-volatile memory. The Software also provides a direct Interface to Tektronix® TDS1000, TDS2000 TPS2000 and TDS3000 series digital storage oscilloscopes offering users a convenient means to recreate waveforms originating from the DSO’s display or internal memory. The 4080 Series front-panel operation is straightforward. Parameters can be entered using the knob or directly via the numerical keypad and unit keys. The instruments are fully programmable via the standard RS232 Interface. The command set is SCPI (standard Commands for Programmable Instruments) compatible. The combination of classical function and arbitrary waveform Generator makes this series a versatile solution for many applications in Electronic Test and Design, Sensor Simulation, Education and Training. 1.2 Features • Direct Digital Synthesis (DDS) architecture • Wide frequency range of 1 ^Hz ~ 120MHz (model 4087, sine wave only) • Clean and stable output of very small signals down to 1mV (50Q) • 27 build-in standard and complex waveforms. • Eight downloadable 16000 point memories for custom arbitrary waveforms (models 4084AWG and 4086AWG only) • Graphical Arbitrary Waveform Generation Software tool for Microsoft® Windows (models 4084AWG and 4086AWG only) • Convenient data input via knob or numerical keypad. • Bright, easy to read display using VFD (Visible Vacuum Fluorescent) technology • Fully programmable via SCPI compatible command set • 100 MHz Universal Counter with frequency measurement and totalize function
These manuals are available for the above equipment:
|BK Precision -- 4084 -- User Manual|
|Manual Type||User Manual|
|Size||3.05 Mbytes (3197673 Bytes)|
|Date||01 January 2007|
|Quality||Scanned document, all readable.|
|Upload date||25 January 2017|
|Downloads||743 since 25 January 2017|
1. PRODUCT INTRODUCTION ... 5 1. 1 Description ... 5 1.2 Key features ... 5 2. SPECIFICATIONS ... 6 2.1 Function Generator ... 6 2.2 Universal Counter ... 9 2.3 General ... 10 3. PANEL DESCRIPTION ... 11 3.1 Front Panel ... 11 3.1.1 Overview of Keys ... 11 3.1.2 Display Annunciators ... 12 3.1.3 Description of front panel keys ... 13 3.1.3 Description of menu parameters ... 14 3.2 Rear Panel ... 17 4. OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS ... 18 4.1 Installation ... 18 4.2 Main operating modes ... 18 4.3 Waveform Selection ... 19 4.4 Data entry ... 20 4.5 Output Configuration ... 21 4.5.1 Set Frequency and Period ... 21 4.5.2 Set Amplitude ... 21 4.5.3 Set DC Offset Voltage ... 22 4.5.4 Adjust duty cycle ... 22 4.5.5 Sync/TTL Signal ... 23 4.5.6 Signal Store and Recall ... 23 4.6 Set Modulation and Sweep Parameters ... 24 4.6.1. Sweep mode ... 24 4.6.2 FM modulation ... 26 4.6.3 AM modulation ... 27 4.6.4 Burst modulation ... 28 4.6.5 FSK modulation ... 30 4.6.6 PSK modulation ... 31 4.7 Set System Parameters ... 32 4.8 Universal Counter ... 34 5. REMOTE Interface REFERENCE ... 35 5. 1 Introduction ... 35 5.2 Overview and syntax of SCPI instructions ... 35 5.3 Detailed description of SCPI Instructions ... 39 6. USER PROGRAMMABLE ARBITRARY WAVEFORM MODULE ... 47 7. APPENDIX ... 57 A) Declaration of conformity ... 58 B) Service and Warranty Information ... 57
|BK Precision -- 4084 -- Datasheet|
|Size||125.88 Kbytes (128903 Bytes)|
|Quality||Electronic document, no scan, very well readable.|
|Upload date||05 August 2018|
|Downloads||347 since 05 August 2018|
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting comments. By submitting a comment, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate comments, it is impossible for every comment to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all comments express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any comment for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from further commenting.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.