The Model 248 High Voltage Supply, designed for use in the
laboratory or for test applications, features reversible polarity,
excellent regulation, and low output voltage ripple. The
digital displays provide accurate readings of voltage and current,
and digital entry of current and voltage values allow
easy, precise setting of output values. Output voltage can be
set from the front panel, via a remote analog voltage, or over
the standard IEEE-488 interface. Voltage and current signals
are also available for remote monitoring.
Key Model 248 features include:
• High voltage operation — The unit can source voltages
up to a maximum of 5kV.
• 25W power capability — The Model 248 can source
currents up to 5mA at 5kV.
• Ease of use — Digital displays and data input simplify
voltage and current voltage setting.
• Programmable voltage limit — Voltage limit can be
preset to assure safe operation.
• Programmable current limits — Current limit and trip
point can be preset to prevent possible equipment damage.
• Output filter — Reduces output ripple and noise.
• Monitor outputs — Provide 0 -10V signals that can be
used to monitor the output voltage and current.
• External voltage control — Allows the voltage source
output value to be controlled with a 0 -10V input signal.
• Standard IEEE-488 interface — Allows the instrument
to be controlled over the IEEE-488 bus.