This manual contains maintenance procedures for service personnel. It is divided into the following
1. General information contains a general description of the printer and the maintenance
approach used to repair it. Special tools and test equipment are listed in this chapter, as well as
general environmental and safety instructions.
2. Diagnostic information contains an error indicator table, symptom tables, and service checks
used to isolate failing field replaceable units (FRUs).
3. Diagnostic aids contains tests and checks used to locate or repeat symptoms of printer
4. Repair information provides instructions for making printer adjustments and removing and
5. Connector locations uses illustrations to identify the connector locations and test points on the
6. Preventive maintenance contains the lubrication specifications and recommendations to
7. Parts catalog contains illustrations and part numbers for individual FRUs.