1. A heavy diecast base and bronze element casing make the
MD-1 a particularly durable, heavy-duty microphone for base
2. The large dynamic element provides an extremely wide
range audio response, and an internal switch is then used to
select that portion of the audio spectrum that one chooses
to emphasize, attenuating the lower frequencies according to
the user’s choice.
3. Output impedance may be selected via an internal switch,
600 or 50K ohms.
4. A dual pivoting mechanism allows both horizontal and
vertical rotation to accommodate various locations and
heights, while the microphone can also be easily separated
from the base to provide for those situations where a
hand-held microphone is most convenient. (If the microphone
is electrically disconnected and used totally independently
from the base, only 600 ohms impedance without scanning
control is possible.)
5. The base of the MD-1 includes a large PTT switch bar and
lock switch, as well as scanning UP, DOWN, and FAST
switches.* The microphone contains a PTT slide switch (only).