The EICO Model 150 Solid-State Signal Tracer is a high
quality instrument that uses the latest in transistorized
circuits to provide a most convenient facility for servicing
a wide variety of electronic equipment such as AM and FM
radios, TV receivers, audio equipment, and many types of
radio transmitters, including most ham and CB units.
1. Two input channels are incorporated: high-gain RF and
medium-gain audio. Separate probes, a shielded RF crystal
demodulator probe and a direct audio probe, are provided.
Each probe is attached to its own panel receptacle,
permitting easy change-over from one channel to the other.
2. Both visual and aural outputs (meter and loudspeaker) can
be used to monitor signal strength and gain per stage. A
calibrated meter scale provides a direct indication of
signal level being measured.
3. An independent self-contained output transformer, used in
combination with the internal speaker, may be selected for
use with either single-ended or push-pull audio amplifier
circuits of either the vacuum tube or transistorized types.
4. The internal speaker can be used as a substitute speaker
for equipment under test.
5. The output signal from the internal speaker amplifier can
be applied to an external speaker, scope or meter, with the
internal speaker silenced.
6. The instrument power supply incorporates a power
transformer for maximum safety, eliminating shock hazard.