The EICO Model 330 Solid-State RF Signal Generator is a
high-quality instrument intended for general service of AM
and FM radios, television receivers, and communication
Covering the frequency spectrum (between 100 kHz and 54 MHz
in five fundamental bands, it serves as an excellent source
of modulated or unmodulated RF as well as audio.
1. The RF oscillator consists of a bootstrap circuit that is
characterized by low RF distortion.
The oscillator output is buffered by an emitter-follower
stage to minimize loading effects.
2. A vernier control permits any frequency to be set easily
and accurately on any of the five tuning bands.
3.. A self-contained, low-distortion, 400-Hz audio
oscillator is included in the instrument. It may be used in
conjunction with a calibrated front panel modulation control
to internally modulate any frequency on the dial from 0 to
100%. The 400-Hz audio signal is also made available at
front panel jack-top binding posts.
4. Input terminals are provided for modulating the RF output
with an external signal.
5. Both coarse and fine RF attenuators provide smooth and
efficient control of the RF output signal.
6. Each of the five tuning bands is equipped with a separate
turret-mounted, slug-tüned coil and piston trimmer that are
conveniently accessible to facilitate accurate frequency
7. The copper-plated chassis minimizes interference, and a
coaxial output cable provides low-loss signal injection..