The Model 2005A is a calibrated precision power source
designed to supply extremely stable DC out- put with low
noise content. It represents a second generation version of
the Model 2005, and is the product of six years of field
experience with over 10,000 instruments. Performance and
reliability have been significantly improved without any
Two dual, concentric decade switches provide digital readout
of a selected output voltage to within 0.1 % of the chosen
value. A single-turn potentiometer with a resolution of 10
microvolts permits interpolation of the last place. A toggle
switch provides an additional digit in the 10to 20 volt range.
The output voltage of the supply may be remotely programmed
with an external resistance without loss of accuracy.
Provisions are included for remote sensing of the output
voltage at the load.
Compact and light, the Model 2005A is self-contained in a
portable housing designed for bench use, Panel adapters are
available for assembling one or two units in a standard
® Decade voltage readout to five significant figures below
10 volts; to six significant figures above 10 volts.
Last-place interpolation by a potentiometer with a 1
• Current limiting—maximum output may be limited to any
value below 500 mA with a front panel control.
• Limit indicator lamp on the front panel flashes when the
output of the supply is in the current-limited region.
• Self-restoring electronic overload and short-circuit
• Critical circuits and components maintained at constant
ambient temperature in a temperature-con- trolled. RFI-free
•Accurate remote programming at 1,000 ohms-per- volt.
® Front and rear access output terminals.
• Separately fused line and load circuits.
• 100-hour pre-aging of power supply before test and
• Individual calibration data furnished with each unit.